Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Blog Post 7


         What is greatness in teaching? To me, it is being an ally to students, being helpful and understanding, and being supportive. Greatness in teaching is also teaching in a way that students learn material and can retain and apply it. Last Thursday, we explored what being a good teacher is in the book, To Teach: The Journey, in comics. On page 101, it specifically lists the best parts about school. The book says that students who are comfortable, and believe they can be successful are the ones who have been affected by teaching. I think that all students should be comfortable and feel successful and that it is a teacher’s job to allow students to feel this way.

When I am future planning, I hope to be an ally to students. I was fortunate enough to have had a couple teachers who I could go to with anything and they would help me. I could go to them saying I had a bad day, or tell them about a problem that I was having and they would always be there for me. I would hope to be one of those teachers. I want students to feel comfortable coming to me for help or guidance. Students need to know that school is a safe place, and teachers can help students realize that school is safe.

My Planning Guide is:

-to always be an ally to students

-have a no tolerance for bullying policy

-be supportive and understanding

-teach to the best of my ability

No comments:

Post a Comment