Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Hi!

I'm Madelyn McBride, but you can call me Maddy. I am from Brecksville, Ohio. It's about 20-30 minutes away.  I am majoring in Biology, but I think that I want to be a High School biology teacher so I plan on getting a Teaching license.

I am on the JCU Dance Team and part of the Honors Program at JCU.  I used to dance competitively, and I would be a dance assistant for some teachers. I helped teach little girls around the ages of 6-9 how to dance, and I really enjoyed it. I also worked this summer at a Daycare center and I worked with infants to 5th graders. This experience helped me realize that I do not want to teach younger kids. I would rather teach middle school to high school.

To me, being happy is what matters most to me. In the book, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, Dumbledore says, "Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light." This is very significant to me because it helps to remind myself that I can always be happy if I remember that I can choose to be happy.

For me to feel comfortable in a classroom, I have to have students around me who are kind and respectful of others opinions. I also enjoy teachers who listen to students and realize that there are different ways to learn.

When I was a junior in high school, I was taking an honors chemistry class that was run by a teacher who did not care about teaching her students. She missed over 20 days of school and when you asked for help she would tell you to ask a friend first. This has inspired me to not be one of those teachers and to help all students.

Some issues that the education field is facing right now is that teachers are forced to teach toward standardized tests instead of teaching other items. Teachers are forced to focus on the same concepts and are not able to expand students minds.

Have you always wanted to be a teacher?

No comments:

Post a Comment